Application of the Policy (our Audience)
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website/app; or
- a customer who has ordered the goods or services that we provide.
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services.
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect
information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (Personal Information).
When you use our services, you are trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
We collect information to provide better services to all our users. The information Room
Service collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls. When you are not signed-in to a Room Service Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you are using. When you are signed-in, we also collect information that we store with your Room Service Account, which we treat as Personal Information.
Personal Information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, login to our app/platform;
- certain information collected on registration/signing up
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily;
- Examples of Personal Information include your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind, physical or postal address, contact information, demographic information etc.
but excludes :
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (public information) because such information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute Personal Information subject to protection under this policy).
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We collect such optional information, that you provide when you upload or download content from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys or register and subscribe for certain additional services.
Age Of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least above the age of majority, and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Information we collect as you use our services
Once you register/sign-up on our website/platform, you will no longer be anonymous to us.
You will provide us with certain Personal Information which may include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this Personal Information to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this Policy.
The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
We may collect this information when Room Service action on your device contacts our servers — for example, when you install an app from the online app store or when a service checks for automatic updates. If you are using an Android device with Google apps, your device may periodically contact Google servers to provide information about your device and connection to our services. This information includes things like your device type, carrier name, crash reports, and which apps you have installed.
We collect information about your activity in our services, which we use to do things like recommend a product you might like. The activity information we collect may include:
- Views and interactions with content and ads
- Voice and audio information when you use audio features
- Purchase activity
- Activity on third-party sites and apps that use our services
If you use our services to make and receive calls or send and receive messages, we may collect telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, receiving-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of calls.
Your location information
We collect information about your location when you use our services, which helps us offer features that enhance delivery efficiency for your geographic area. The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings. For example, you can turn your device’s location on or off using the device’s settings. In order to enhance your experience while logged into your account, we may keep a record of your location history while using the services on the online platform of Room Service.
Collection of Publicly available personal information
In some circumstances, Room Service may also collect information about you from publicly accessible sources. We may also collect information about you from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of our business services, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse. We also receive information from advertisers to provide advertising and research services on their behalf. We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, and server logs.
Why we process this information
- We generally collect and process your Personal Information for various purposes, including:
- goods purposes – such as collecting orders for, supplying, and supporting our goods;
- services purposes – such as collecting orders for and providing our services;
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
- We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website or App;
- monitor platform usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website or App.
Messages and updates
- We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. We may wish to provide you with information about new goods or services in which we think you may be interested. This means that in some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. We will not send you promotional messages unless you have chosen to opt-into them. But, we may send you one message asking you to opt-into promotional messages without you having opted-into promotional messages.
- We may use your information to send you administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website and for marketing purposes where lawful.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the Personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your Personal Information on the website. You are able to review or update any Personal Information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your Personal Information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your Personal Information.
Sharing of Information with Third parties
We may share your Personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our goods suppliers or service providers under contract who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria); and
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you among other purposes.
Disclosure to Regulators
We may disclose your Personal Information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose Personal Information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
It is your obligation to ensure that the Personal Information you provide is accurate and up to date. You may choose to correct or update the Personal Information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website/platform or contacting us by phone or email You may only send us your own Personal Information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
To protect your Personal Information, we comply with all applicable data protection laws, take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate. Should there be any data breaches we commit to informing you promptly of the breach to enable you to immediately take appropriate steps to mitigate the risk.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the Personal Information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your Personal Information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your Personal Information.
Limited disclosure of your Personal Information to our employees
We may need to disclose Personal Information to our employees that require the Personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, logistics (including delivery personnel), human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel. The disclosure will be to the minimum extent necessary to enable the employees to perform their duties.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Third Party Links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
For Payfast payment security details: https://www.payfast.co.za/security-fraud/
For Capitec payment security details:
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .